Panache Plants at
The Garden Kitchen Courtyard Cafe at Hoveton Hall Gardens
If you are looking for hardy plants with tropical foliage and truly exotic flowers which are easy to grow, then hedychium could be the plant for you. Here are my top five gingers which are easy to grow and flower;
1. Hedychium densiflorum in all its its forms is the most reliable and easy to flower. Notable cultivars include: Assam Orange, Sorung and Stephan.
2. Hedychium forrestii is a tall growing species with large leaves and attractive white flowers. It will quickly transform your garden into a Jungle.
3. Hedychium spicatum is reliable, vigorous and has pretty wispy flowers .
4. Hedychium x Shamsheri is a beautiful hybrid with pink flowers.
5. Hedychium x Tara is the hedychium which has it all; huge racemes of orange flowers, early flowering and vigorous.
We will be restocking our webshop with Salvias soon
Fully hardy salvia which flowers really early in the spring, unlike most other salvia.